The Share Link enables you to share individual articles or entire collections with specific people only. Whoever has received the respective Share Link will be able to see the article in full text on your Authory page (or if you've shared a Collection, all the articles in that collection in full text) .
In order to get a better idea of what the recipient of your Share Link will see, here are two examples:
Article share link: authory.com/s/AGHXGxoAPr
Collection share link: authory.com/s/AGPYBQAAEb (note how the landing page has a custom description explaining what's in this Collection)
Note that sharing via the Share Link doesn't affect the Visibility of your content in any way, e.g. you can share articles whose visibility you've set to "private" (= they are not visible to anybody who visits your Authory page). With the Share link, the recipient will be still able to see the private article on your Authory page, regardless of its visibility to anybody else.
Creating a Share Link for an article or for an entire collection takes two clicks only:
1. For articles, go to the article details page by clicking on the article headline on your Authory page (you need to be logged in to your Authory account for this to work).
2. Click the button labeled "Share" and switch the toggle to activate the Share link:
3. Copy it and send it to whomever you like.
4. If you don't want the recipient to be able to access your content anymore, you can disable the Share link again.
1. Go to your Collections settings and click the button labeled "Share" on the collection you'd like to share.
2. Switch the toggle to activate the Share link.
3. By default, the Collection landing page that people will see when they use the Share Link will show the Collection name and its content:
However, you can also add a custom description by clicking the "Edit" button of the respective Collection in your Collection Settings. That's what a Collection landing page with a description will look like:
Now you are all set and the only thing left to do is:
4. Copy the link and send it to whomever you like. Note that the recipient will be able to see the collection and all the articles within this collection in full text.
5. If you don't want the recipient to be able to access your content anymore, you can disable the Share link again.
The use cases for the Share Link are endless! How about a custom Collection that you then share to apply for a new job/gig? Here is how that works.